Mad self-minimizing windows

cidgreen 10:00 22 Jan 03
  cidgreen 10:00 22 Jan 03

Hi,

I have a severe problem which has started creating havoc since I installed my new broadband modem. I'm not certain if it's connected to that, but it's definitely started since then.

Basically, windows has started minimizing windows for fun, whenever it wants to. Whenever I have something open, within a few seconds windows minimizes it to the taskbar. It has happened with various applications and games, including non-windows based games (most notably Medal of Honor Allied Assault, which I have been playing fine for months until now).

No error message ever appears, or a prompt or anything, it simply shows the desktop and does nothing.

I have no idea if this is to do with the new modem, a virus, a problem with windows which I have just reinstalled, or what. Does anyone recognize this??

My specs: Pentium 3, 256MB memory, Windows 98SE, and the modem is an internal Speedstream 3060.

If anyone can help me fix this nightmare it'd be brilliant.

Cheers,
Chris.

AndySD 10:07 22 Jan 03

If you have a firewall installed try disabling the Alerts.

cidgreen 10:10 22 Jan 03

I don't have a firewall, no...

AndySD 10:46 22 Jan 03

Since you have broadband I would sugest you use a firewall try click here its free for home use. Also check for a virus (but I dont think its one)Free check click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…