Mad Mouse Pointer

birkdalite 09:35 09 Apr 03

Win XP .When I press start it is almost as though the mouse pointer is magnetized and no matter how carefully I select, the programs behave like iron filings .Sometimes I have to take the pointer right around the screen and try the stealthy approach! No No No! it's not funny, come on guys ,help me out, it's driving me crackers

TECHNODIMWIT 09:54 09 Apr 03

not sure how to check, but has a friend:( sent you
slippery mouse or similar as a joke.

mark

cherria 09:55 09 Apr 03

Obvious question. Have you tried a new mouse or, if using a wireless mouse, have you installed the up to date drivers?

Andsome 10:00 09 Apr 03

There is a program called 'Crazy Mouse' which some idiots think is funny. Just in case you have this, try ( with difficulty ) of course, START/FIND/FILES AND FOLDERS, then type crazy mouse. Ensure that the whole of your C drive is selected for search. If it shows, then right click and delete it.

birkdalite 10:15 09 Apr 03

Thank you all, it is/was a Logitech mouse. I am now using bog standard mouse no problems! I'm not sorry to change really as the darn thing seems to eat batteries!! Thanks again

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…