m4p - any way to easily convert to mp3 or wav?

montyburns 23:06 24 Oct 05

Downloaded a song from i-tunes to use in a Powerpoint presentation. Didn't realise until I'd paid for it that it was n .m4p format....

Of course PP doesn't recognize this. Is there any easy was to convert to mp3, or ideally, .wav?

Seems to be lots of complex ways :-(

splork 23:16 24 Oct 05

Burn them to audio CD then rip them as .wav?

montyburns 23:46 24 Oct 05

Trying this!

Got the offending m4p onto a CD, but how do I "rip" back to mp3? Trying Media Player and Musicmatch and they don't recognize the format. If I try i-tunes it says "could not be converted because protected files cannot be converted to other formats"

Any ideas anyone - just wasted an hour of my life trying to sort this one.....

ashdav 23:50 24 Oct 05

i-tunes are i-tunes and that's that. You can't convert them to any other format.

splork 23:51 24 Oct 05

Well, click here is worth a try, but no guarantees.

zoobie 04:37 25 Oct 05

that's why they use the m4p format

montyburns 20:07 25 Oct 05

Sorted. Fair enough that i-Tunes want to get you to use i-Pods, but then they are letting non-podders use i-Tunes so it seems a bit unfair..

Anyway.. The copy to CD then rip back method works. But you have to make the CD in i-Tunes (select "audio CD" as output in Edit, Preferences, Advanced, Burning) Then you can "rip" back to Media Player as an MP3

Annoying but satisfying to have sorted!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…