M4A

lintony 11:09 10 Sep 06

I am using Limewire Pro to download some music. I have just noticed that the music I am downloading is M4A. What is this please?

I am trying to save this music to my music files, not in the Limewire libaray but it won't allow me to do that.

Can anyone tell me how to get it out of there so that I can convert it to mp3.

While it is in the Limewire library, I can only play it there. I want to burn the music to a CD.

Mark5001 11:27 10 Sep 06

M4A stands for MPEG 4 Audio, and it is a popular file extension used to represent audio files. Most people are familiar with MP3 and how it shrinks down the file size of songs and other audio files. M4A and MP4 do the same thing as MP3 does, but even better. Quality is better and file sizes are usually smaller than MP3 files.
Nero burns M4A just like MP3's.

lintony 11:33 10 Sep 06

THanks Mark, but for some reason I can't get the files out of the Limewire library. I have no problem with all of the other files that I have in it, only with M4A files.

Mark5001 15:19 10 Sep 06

Change the default path in Limewire for saving files. Use EG C:\My Music or similar. Go to Tools>Options>Saving and change it there. Also whilst there see where they are being saved at the moment and find that on your Hard drive, and you should be able to burn them from there.

lintony 07:31 11 Sep 06

Mark

Many thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 6 simple tips to get more out of…