//some 3rd party need geo

m3u files - how can they be edited?

TimCDC 21:24 23 May 03

I've downloaded a track through Piolet P2P service, and it plays great in media player and also through the Piolet player. I'd like now to edit a bit, so that I can use it as signing on and off music for Windows (sad, I know!)
The problem is that sound editors don't seem to read m3u files, but I don't know how to convert it to either an mp3 file or a wav file. When I try and use a utility such as acoustica, it simply doesn't recognise the existence of the file. Anyone able to tell me how to convert it?
(Piolet itself is supposed to have a function that does this, by rightclicking on the file, but I can't get the function to appear...)
Thanks?

ton 22:17 23 May 03

Try Goldwave click here

kimjhon 02:03 24 May 03

Double click yellow speaker icon | options | properties | choose recording radio button | see if there is a 'What-U-Hear' box to tick.

If you have this facility you can record anything you hear on your PC using Windows Sound Recorder.

You can record in any quality of wave you wish. My Sound Recorder will even convert the .wav file to Mpeg -level 3.

TimCDC 18:57 24 May 03

thanks dcdc - (freaky that your logon is so similar to mine!) - I haven't got the "What u hear" box - is that significant?
I'll follow up the Goldwave tip, though - thanks ton. Tim

canard 21:37 24 May 03

If all else fails you can play the track and record it with whatever recording device you have/favour.

TimCDC 21:40 11 Jun 03

I couldn't make any of the suggestions work, but thought future users might be interested to know what did....I found the programme Super MP3 recorder on the cover disk of Windows XP Answers - complete version available from click here - this will convert anything playing through the sound card into wav or mp3 files. Unregistered version only converts 40 second files, but this was enough for me...

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…