is m hrd dive knackred

magpiedave 09:17 11 Jun 07

getting this message A PROBLEM HAS BEEN DETECTED AND WINDOWS HAS BEEN SHUT DOWN TO PREVENT DAMAGE
i cannot do anything as that is as far as i can go it says try switching of anti virus etc i have tried to start it in safe mode still no use the only other thing it says on the screen is TECH INFORMATION
STOP:0X00000024 (0X00190203,0X84B18128,0XC0000102,0X00000000)
IS THE HARD DRIVE KNACKERED? AND IS THERE ANYTHING I CAN DO TO RESCUE SOME OF MY FILES

I am opeating windowsxp ho editon

€dstowe 09:23 11 Jun 07

Is this a one-off or do you receive the message often?

If it's a one-off you can most likely ignore it.

Try Gooooogling the error number 0X00000024 - there are a number of entries about it.

magpiedave 10:58 11 Jun 07

no it has locked e out copletely i cant even start itin safemode the bios side of things is fine i can get to it but even in advnced i cant start windows in any mode

€dstowe 11:04 11 Jun 07

Have you tried a cold re-boot?

By this, I mean shutting the machine down, physically disconnecting from the mains (pull the plug out) leave for an hour or so and then re-booting.

Pulling the plug allows capacitors etc. to discharge and enable the machine to reset. Normally, just shutting the machine down leaves a trickle current running through the machine.

rodriguez 12:51 11 Jun 07

click here - it says it applies to Windows 2000, but it should also apply to XP as XP normally uses the NTFS filesystem.

keef66 12:59 11 Jun 07

if you can install your hdd as slave in another pc you could run checkdisk / repair on it. That should replace the corrupted file. It may ask you for your Windows XP CD.

Start / run / chkdsk (drive letter) /r

keef66 13:01 11 Jun 07

that's the one!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…