M E System Restore

Yorkie 1 16:37 14 Nov 04

When I first started using ME as my operating system, I had System Restore installed and it got me out of trouble more than once. For some reason though it seems to have stopped working. I can bring up the interface but there are no restore points available and when I try to create one, I get the message that it cannot do so, "try resarting your computer". That however has no effect at all, I still get the same notice.
Any ideas, it is not absolutely vital, but can be very handy at times.
Yorkie

VoG II 16:44 14 Nov 04

Troubleshooting tips click here

Yorkie 1 17:07 14 Nov 04

Thanks for the tip VoG™. I am afraid that I do not feel confident enough to go interfering with the registry, and I don't have a dics to re-install the programme. But thanks for trying.

Graham ® 17:09 14 Nov 04

Is System Restore turned on?

Yorkie 1 17:28 14 Nov 04

Hi Graham ®. Yes I think it must be. When I click on it from the start menu, I get the welcome tp system restore window up.

VoG II 17:33 14 Nov 04

System Restore has been known to suffer from amnesia. The followinh might work; worth a try anyway.

Turn System Restore off click here restart your PC, then turn it on again. See if you can then see a (single) restore point that should have been created when you turned it on again.

Newbolt 17:34 14 Nov 04

Had this problem with ME - there was an update to be downloaded from the Microsoft update site which fixed it. Worth giving update a try, but I don't know if they still support ME?

Yorkie 1 18:00 14 Nov 04

Hi VoG™ Tried disabling and re-enabling SY.Res. No Difference

Hi Newbolt, Have to leave it for now, but will look for that update later

Thanks to all for your help

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…