M$ Access - Replica Set Problem

wee eddie 09:45 11 Mar 04

"This member of a Replica Set Will expire in 6 days because it hasn't been synchronised with another member of of the replica set. Click Tools to Synchronise etc"

This has started to appear when I open one of my Databases. I have no knowledge of any Replication that has occurred.

wee eddie 16:22 11 Mar 04

bump!

wee eddie 12:50 12 Mar 04

When I installed Office XP, it required that I converted it, but that was a year ago or so.

I have just noticed that the header now says:-
Database Name : Replica(Access 2000 file format)

That is something I have only just noticed.

M$ Help warns about expiry if not synchronised within 5 days. What will happen then as it is the only copy that I have? All backups are copies of the same Dbase

wee eddie 23:06 12 Mar 04

bump

wee eddie 10:31 13 Mar 04

In 4 days time - What will happen?

wee eddie 15:55 14 Sep 04

I'm out of my depth, but it seems quite happy at the present.

Rand Al Thor 16:07 14 Sep 04

Looks like there might not be anybody au fait with your question. I use a dedicated Access site. I would try this.

click here

Can't guarantee anything, but worth a try.

David

Muckle 22:59 20 Sep 04

If you go to Tools-Replication you can synchronise now (which should stop the error message) and also recover design master to find or return to the original.
Somehow your DB has become replicated.
Replicating a database allows 2 copies to be used independantly and then synchronised at a later date, but the replication process adds fields to your tables for unique identifiers and the whole thing gets quite complicated and difficult to change back.
I wonder if you managed to create a replica thinking you were copying the database for back-up purposes? - just a thought.
Good luck with it and post again if you need any more input.

wee eddie 12:49 21 Sep 04

I have made a copy of the database and tried to make it the Design Master and tried The Tools > Replication > Recover Design Master > Design Master Deleted > Make Design Master > It says it needs to close then I still keep getting this Exceeded the number of days message.

I am pretty certain the replication occurred when I first saved the database after I updated from Office ’97 to Office XP. I suddenly found that I had an extra copy and deleted the wrong one. It appears to be an Access 2000 file.

wee eddie 16:02 19 Dec 04

Any Ideas.

The design master is I think, long gone.

Muckle 20:49 21 Dec 04

you may have already tried this, but Tools, Database Utilities, Compact and Repair - it's worth a try if you haven't.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…