M$ Access - Replica Set Problem

wee eddie 09:45 11 Mar 04

"This member of a Replica Set Will expire in 6 days because it hasn't been synchronised with another member of of the replica set. Click Tools to Synchronise etc"

This has started to appear when I open one of my Databases. I have no knowledge of any Replication that has occurred.

wee eddie 16:22 11 Mar 04

bump!

wee eddie 12:50 12 Mar 04

When I installed Office XP, it required that I converted it, but that was a year ago or so.

I have just noticed that the header now says:-
Database Name : Replica(Access 2000 file format)

That is something I have only just noticed.

M$ Help warns about expiry if not synchronised within 5 days. What will happen then as it is the only copy that I have? All backups are copies of the same Dbase

wee eddie 23:06 12 Mar 04

bump

wee eddie 10:31 13 Mar 04

In 4 days time - What will happen?

wee eddie 15:55 14 Sep 04

I'm out of my depth, but it seems quite happy at the present.

Rand Al Thor 16:07 14 Sep 04

Looks like there might not be anybody au fait with your question. I use a dedicated Access site. I would try this.

click here

Can't guarantee anything, but worth a try.

David

Muckle 22:59 20 Sep 04

If you go to Tools-Replication you can synchronise now (which should stop the error message) and also recover design master to find or return to the original.
Somehow your DB has become replicated.
Replicating a database allows 2 copies to be used independantly and then synchronised at a later date, but the replication process adds fields to your tables for unique identifiers and the whole thing gets quite complicated and difficult to change back.
I wonder if you managed to create a replica thinking you were copying the database for back-up purposes? - just a thought.
Good luck with it and post again if you need any more input.

wee eddie 12:49 21 Sep 04

I have made a copy of the database and tried to make it the Design Master and tried The Tools > Replication > Recover Design Master > Design Master Deleted > Make Design Master > It says it needs to close then I still keep getting this Exceeded the number of days message.

I am pretty certain the replication occurred when I first saved the database after I updated from Office ’97 to Office XP. I suddenly found that I had an extra copy and deleted the wrong one. It appears to be an Access 2000 file.

wee eddie 16:02 19 Dec 04

Any Ideas.

The design master is I think, long gone.

Muckle 20:49 21 Dec 04

you may have already tried this, but Tools, Database Utilities, Compact and Repair - it's worth a try if you haven't.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Prehistoric Britain is laid out in these Royal Mail stamp illustrations

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…