Lyncsis 54G Wireless Router and Notebook Adaptor

Steven135 14:34 20 May 03

I have had this router and laptop card for a couple of weeks, setting it up was very easy and for the most part I am happy with it especially after reading the PCA review of the Lynksis 54g Wirless Adaptor (I have a much more realistic expectation of actual performance).

I am just wondering if anyone else has the wireless router and adaptor setup and if they are experiencing notable fluctuation in signal strength, mine can drop from 18mb to 2mb without moving anything and sometimes I have to eject and replace the adaptor because the link is lost.

The Transporter 14:42 20 May 03

click here

this also may help

click here

SEASHANTY 15:23 20 May 03

There have been many reports on this forum about the problems experienced with wireless networking. Many have been disappointed with the results and fluctuating signal strengths. If at all possible you should select a standard router and straight thru RJ45 network cables for internet connection. Not only is it cheaper - its also almost always reliable.

Steven135 18:36 20 May 03

Thanks for the responses but I'm still wondering how others people are getting on with this kit.

SEASHANTY 14:52 21 May 03

Doesn't seem to be much feedback Steven. Sorry I can't help you with the wireless router as I have the 4 port with switch Linksys Befsr41 standard router which is non wireless. You could give a call to the Linksys website in the U.S. telling them of your problems - they gave me good advice. I think the adds is Linksys.com but check out as haven,t got my manual to hand. Best of luck.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

Where HTML5 is headed next

MacBook Pro v Surface Pro 5