Lycos search!

coolteentom 21:21 18 Feb 04

I downloaded a program off the internet, but it included a Lycos Search setting in it, so whenever I put a search query in the Address Bar, it asks Lycos instead of the default MSN Search, which I want. I have uninstalled the program and deleted any Lycos files, but it still uses Lycos.

Any ideas??

Thanks
Tom

Diodorus Siculus 22:32 18 Feb 04

Try a spyware detector (not that Lycos is usually involved in such, but it may be solved in that way). click here
AdAware
click here
SpybotSD

Help! :D 22:34 18 Feb 04

Run Regedit,

got to current user

Software.

Find lycos search

Delete the folder. shoud work, if no use system restore when is wasnt on there. and try :

c:program file:commonfiles. may see something in there. if not and you need more detail just reply and i will explain in more detail. in a bit of a ruch at the moment.

coolteentom 11:22 20 Feb 04

Thanks for ure help.

I have through the reg editer, but could not find it.
However, I've found it on the Windows folder. When I try and delete it, it comes up with 'Access Denied (write protected)'.
When I untick the Read Only box, it automatically ticks itself again. Any Ideas?

Tom

Help! :D 19:10 20 Feb 04

it wouldnt be a windows folder. also check the add/remove list, i had it once i found it on there.

Curio 19:25 20 Feb 04

Perhaps an uninstall and reinstall of I.E will help

Megatyte 19:40 20 Feb 04

Spybot should do it.

AH

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

New MacBook Pro 2017 release date, UK price and tech specs: Kaby Lake MacBook Pro to launch in…