Lycos not working correctly with Opera browser

Valvegrid 08:30 20 Nov 04

Hi Folks,

I'll try and explain this that makes sense. I use Lycos as one of my web Email clients, when I try and use Opera browser the site doesn't show correctly, I have uploaded some screen shots to my web page, this is what it looks like:

click here

I have to scroll down the page to see the sign in boxes, like this:

click here

Certain other parts of the site don't work properly either.

In Firefox there's no problem, this is what it looks like:

click here

This is the URL of Lycos email, click here

It seems to be a JavaScript problem in Opera

I use Xandros Linux, but I get the exactly the same problem on Windows 98SE. Its a pity because I like Opera and use the paid for version, but it means I've got to keep changing browsers just to view my emails.

Any ideas please?

Pesala 12:30 20 Nov 04

Not sure if it can be fixed in Opera 7.54

Pesala 12:31 20 Nov 04

Not sure if it can be fixed in Opera 7.54

Valvegrid 13:24 20 Nov 04

Looks like I'll have to wait for the Debian version of 7.60 to see if they've fixed it. I've had this problem ever since I've been using 7.54.

I don't want to download the 7.6 version for Windows because I don't use Windows for the Internet, too many bugs and fleas etc.

Valvegrid 20:32 20 Nov 04

I assume no one else is getting the problem, so I'll close the thread and ditch the links to my web page.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…