//some 3rd party need geo

Lycos and Firefox

Valvegrid 17:56 02 Sep 04

Anybody else using Firefox? Could you have a look at Lycos please click here when I view the web site in Firefox, the banner in the middle of the screen flickers, like its not opening properly, this also happens in Mozilla 1.6 as well.

It works fine in Opera.

iambeavis 18:31 02 Sep 04

You're not alone. It happens to me too.

Valvegrid 18:43 02 Sep 04

Thanks for that, I forgot to add I'm using Xandros Linux at the moment, but its the same problem on my Windows 98SE as well, so it doesn't appear to be the operating system.

I can switch JavaScript off, but I've got to have it on to access and use my email account.

dagwoood 18:44 02 Sep 04

I've had this problem as well ever since I started using Firefox.

dagwoood.

iambeavis 19:48 02 Sep 04

It's the first time that it's happened to me and I've been using Firefox since it was Firebird. Maybe someone on the web design forum might have some sort of answer.

iambeavis 20:14 02 Sep 04

The Halifax banner has gone and everything is O.K. now.

Valvegrid 21:51 02 Sep 04

Thanks for your answers, I think I'll just accept there is a bug in Firefox. Its not important, just annoying because I like Firefox, but I'll use Opera instead.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…