Lycos Email

HV 16:07 03 Oct 04

I have a Lycos plus email account which I am trying to access through outlook express but keep getting an error message:-

Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity. Account: '', Server: '', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800CCC0F

I have checked all the settings and they seem ok.

Does anyone have any idea's. Also does anyone know if you can access Lycos direct for email services instead of via an ISP ?

Valvegrid 16:33 03 Oct 04

You need the sycronisation software from Lycos. I can't seemed to find it on their site though. This is what Lycos have to say about it: click here You may be able to find it in you primium mail, I only use the free one.

dagwoood 19:32 03 Oct 04

HV, to download the Lycos inside synchronisation software, login to your Lycos email account, click on Settings, click on the Access Anywhere tab and the Lycos inside option is there.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Battlefield 1 review: Destructive environments, phenomenal graphics and an emotional campaign make…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Microsoft HoloLens hands-on review

How to use System Preferences in macOS Sierra (and Mac OS X): Complete guide to personalising the…