Luke Filewalker Virus checker

themossendflyer 18:43 09 Mar 04

Hi folks,i have been using luke filewalker virus checker,but i have found when scanning my drive the application hangs periodically,has anyone found the same problem with this software and is there any solution to this.....
many thanks

Belatucadrus 20:12 09 Mar 04

One of the reasons I got rid of AntiVir was the slow scan, I don't however remember it hanging. When AntiVir updates it tends to be a complete new version most of the time, so see if it still does it after the next download.

I still rate avast! 4 & AVG free as better anti virus progs than AntiVir, so would suggest changing it anyway.

GaT7 20:27 09 Mar 04

Will back Belatucadrus on this one - avast! 4 or AVG free.

click here for a review of free antivirus scanners including the ones above.

Never heard of Luke Filewalker virus checker - where did you get it from?

SSmith 20:47 09 Mar 04

I've always used AVG and found it great. I sold my laptop a couple of months ago and just got a new PC. I was in a hurry and thought I was downloading AVG but got AntiVir instead. Seems OK?

KJ

Belatucadrus 20:49 09 Mar 04

Luke Filewalker is the oh so amusing name given to the scanner part of the AntiVir anti virus prog click here Who says the Germans have no sense of humour.

GaT7 21:00 09 Mar 04

The link I provided above actually compares AntiVir, AVG, BitDefender & Avast! - 3 of 4 virus scanners already discussed here.

Got 'Luke Filewalker' bit, thanks!

Beginning of the AntiVir review reads:
"One of the first things you notice is that this is not a pretty program. It looks like something Windows 3.1 would abandon at birth. That said, it's functional and it's not terribly slow either. There's obviously a Star Wars fan working for this company, as the scanning module is called Luke Filewalker..."

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…