lucallbackexe on prossess

KINKYxANGEL 17:02 10 Jan 08

every 30 mins my comp runs a system on task manager called lucallback ... what is this ...why does it run .... and is there any way i can temporally stop it running it slows comp down for 6 mins every half hour and crashes some sites im on
yr help much appriciated
ty
kinks

birdface 17:05 10 Jan 08

Nothing on google about it. Did you spell it correctly.

FungusBoggieman 17:11 10 Jan 08

it is part of Norton's Live Update
maybe try turning it of in the settings if u use notorn av

PO79 17:12 10 Jan 08

Its Live Update from your Norton App. There may be a way to configure to check for updates once or twice a day in the options for the program.

birdface 17:15 10 Jan 08

Found out it is Norton Up-sate search. I take it you have Norton on your computer.

timestar 17:23 10 Jan 08

It is Norton looking for updates. This is one of the big problems in that it will take up huge ammounts of your processing power while it does this.

birdface 17:23 10 Jan 08

Like the others have pointed out cancel the live up-date and update it yourself daily.Or remove Norton using the removal tool and use Avg or Avast both free.

KINKYxANGEL 17:35 10 Jan 08

i do have norton but i turn off av and all other norton settings on to close till i restart comp and lucallback still runs every 30 mins ... and wow ty all quick response :)
any other ideas?

KINKYxANGEL 17:46 10 Jan 08

ok i turned off norton and still got this system on processes .... had 7 lucallbackproxy 's and 1 ..LUCOMS~1.EXE they ran for 6 mins makin comp really slow

KINKYxANGEL 19:40 10 Jan 08

ty all for help went on live chat with norton and they sorted it 4 me problem solved i hope :)

mfletch 19:46 10 Jan 08

Can you tell use what they said,

We like to learn as well,

mfletch

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

How to install MacOS Sierra on an older Mac: Get Sierra running on Macs & MacBooks from before 2009