<sigh> - Acronis TI Home 2011again

exdragon 20:33 27 Mar 11

I've just done two full back ups of two internal drives to an external one and have validated them successfully.

The C drive backed up to the same external with no problems, but when I ran the validation, I get the following message:

'Errors occurred while reading the file. A possible reason may be poor media quality'.

I know when I posted earlier questions about Acronis, the advice was to use dos, but why, when two drives are fine, is the other one a problem?

robin_x 22:01 27 Mar 11

I get occasional problems with EASEUS, Macrium or Paragon images on my 7 yr old desktop PC.
(I don't have Acronis)

Usually errors while creating image. Sometimes validate or mount errors.

Running image again can work, or for me, running
"chkdsk c:/f /r" from a cmd prompt (takes a while) may work for a few weeks.

If you get regular problems an EASEUS 'solution' when I Googled error message was 'Try again with sector by sector image".

But no difference for me or many others with same problem.

mooly 08:38 28 Mar 11

Have you looked on the Acronis forum,
click here

click here

exdragon 08:57 28 Mar 11

I'll have a look at those. In the second link, I see that, after 34 posts, the problem was resolved by changing a cable!

What I don't understand is why I could do what I wanted to do with the previous version of Acronis - I didn't have to bother with using bootable CDs or do anything other than running a backup, validating it and restoring after a total computer failure.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now