LTR-52327S problems

Stuart Leyland 20:36 07 Oct 03

Evening everyone :)

Last weekend, I built myself a computer with a Lite-On LTR-52327S CD writer drive in it. I've not had anything put problems from it in all honesty.

The first problem was that Easy CD Creator Platinum 5.02b would not recognise it so I went to the Roxio website and downloaded two updates for the program: 1 to make Easy CD recognise and use more drives, and 1 to update the version of Easy CD to 5.3.something (forget the last part, sorry). According to the Roxio website, with the latter of the above two mentioned updates installed, I should have no problems getting Easy CD to work.

If only it was that simple! The first few times I attempted to write a CD, it crashed at the same point. So I gave up on that and decided that I would use the Nero Express that came bundled with the drive. Firstly I decided to uninstall Easy CD to prevent any conflicts. Uninstalled, restarted and looked in My Computer - no CD drive??? How odd. Restarted a few times, still no joy. Looked in Device Mangaer, listed but with a question mark. Tried to update driver but was informed that Windows was already using the most up to date driver. I eventually managed to solve the problem by sharing my sister's CD drive across our network and installing Easy CD Creator from their in order to get my drive listed again.

I then proceeded to install Nero Express with Easy CD still installed. It wrote the CD but was not very good, as it misread some details of the files and was generally not to my liking - I would much rather use Easy CD.

So I tried that, this time I only installed the update to update Easy CD to 5.3......and it seemed to work! Wrote a CD without crashing. Fantastic!! Came to write another CD last night....it crashed....twice!!

Was speaking to a mate tonight and he suggested that I install the VIA 4 in 1 drivers and see if that made a difference. It certainly did make a difference as I can now not use any CD drive AT ALL! Not even the one on my sister's computer. When trying to access either that or my own, I get an "Incorrect Function" error displayed.

I am now at a loss as to what to do, a format is looking inviting but that would have to wait until the weekend and I'm currently addicted to Vice City so I would really really like to get it working before then. Another option would be to test the CD writer in another machine but again, that would have to wait until weekend.

The spec of my computer is as follows:

Motherboard - KT4V
Processor - AMD Athlon 2400
RAM - 512MB PC2700
Hard drive - 80GB

Windows XP Home with Service Pack 1 installed and up to date with Windows Updates.

I would appreciate help of any kind that may get my CD drive working so at least I can play Vice City but obviously CD burning is required at some point.

It is an option to take my sister's CD drive out of her computer and give her mine for the time being but I would like a more permenant solution with as little fuss as possible.

Thank you for reading all of the above (assuming you did!) and I await any responses with baited breath.

NICK ADSL UK 20:45 07 Oct 03

Hi Stuart i purchased that model 1 month ago and it works well with Nero i have posted a link tonight with the latest software updates for the last month.If you look for the opera update that i have just posted the links will be in there.there is the latest Nero update which i have posted today in there.Sounds like you have a faulty unit?

Stuart Leyland 21:18 07 Oct 03

Hi Nick.

I forgot to mention in my original post, I managed to borrow a copy of Nero 5 off a neighbour for the intention of testing if it was just Easy CD that crashed. When I loaded up Nero, it had problems with not detecting my drive :(

It looks like I'm going to have to do a bit of swapping between mine and my sister's computers.

Anyone else got more ideas?

The Sack 23:07 07 Oct 03

If the version of Nero is old it wont detect your drive as it wont be in the Nero data base, as i posted on here yesterday Ahead have just released a new update for Nero 5.5 click here

I have in the past had to do a full install of windows to stop a Liteon drive (LTR 4812S) work without crashing the PC but i was never confident in the drive TBH. The LTR-52327S has been a star and it even has the ability to slow down the write if everything starts going a bit pear shaped without stopping the drive and invoking the burnproofing, now thats a natty trick.

clayton 23:07 07 Oct 03

Ive just flashed my Liton LTR-52327S dive with the latest firmware it might help you click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…