lssas.exe application error

geeza 19:14 02 Mar 06

whilst away from the pc for a while, it went into screensaver. When I tried to use the pc it had frozen. On reboot it came up with an error lssas.exe application error....the application failed to initialize properly (0X0000006) click ok to terminate the application. When clicked ok the monitor is just black with a white arrow and doing nothing else...ideas please.

skidzy 19:26 02 Mar 06
  skidzy 19:26 02 Mar 06

Try running Ewido
click here

Gongoozler 19:33 02 Mar 06

Hi geeza. There is a very important distinction to be made here. Is the process issas, issas, lssas or lsass (i.e. beginning with small I or small L)?

Gongoozler 20:58 02 Mar 06

That should be Is the process issas, isass, lssas or lsass (i.e. beginning with small I or small L)? click here

geeza 22:20 02 Mar 06

hi Gongoozler, the file in question is lsass looks like it is with a small l not capital L

geeza 22:24 02 Mar 06

am running mcafee virus chck and its now stuck on C:\WINDOWS\sytem32\dllcache\logon.scr, any ideas

beynac 22:26 02 Mar 06

Where is the file located? If it's in your C:\Windows\system32 directory, it's probably valid. If it's located elsewhere it is almost certainly a Trojan.

johnnyrocker 23:21 02 Mar 06

sorry to intrude is this the same as shell export version etc?

johnny.

geeza 18:16 03 Mar 06

Guys, I managed to do a repair of xp, this then allowed me to at least get the pc up and running again albeit very very slow. I reinstalled the mobo drivers and all seems ok for now although anti virus keeps halting on a certain file. Will address that next.

Gongoozler 19:19 03 Mar 06

If the computer is running a lot slower than usual, this could well be due to a program running in the background, possibly something you have recently installed, or some malware that has installed itself without your knowledge. Have you tried scanning for viruses, trojans, adware and other malware?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…