lsass.exe system error?

handful 21:50 15 Dec 03

Having suffered my second xp crash in a week I have now developed a problem I haven't seen before. I started with a common message (for me)on boot up which read:-

Windows would not start because the following file is missing or corrupt:
\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\CONFIG\SYSTEM
I have had this now on numerous occasions (if anyone can tell me why I would be eternally grateful)and have sometimes been successful in repairing the registry through the recovery console of XP. This time I attempted it and received the above system error (title) I eventually resorted to a repair installation of XP which appeared to be going ok until the message pops up again. Whenever I click the OK box to get rid of the message I reboot and go back to square one. Has anyone seen this before and if so could they suggest any ways of overcoming? I would be very pleased for any suggestions and will check back tomorrow as I only have limited access to this pc. Thanks

Joe McG 22:00 15 Dec 03

handful,

try this link, click here

If you can't find the answer here, just copy your error message into google. There are hundreds of different fixes.

Best of luck. Joe

handful 13:13 17 Dec 03

Thanks Joe but the problem wasn't so much with the '\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\CONFIG\SYSTEM ' but the fact that when I rebooted after going through a repair process that hes worked for me before, when I reboot, I then get the lsass.exe system error with an explanation as follows:- an invalid parameter was passed to a service or function.
Now I am stuck as I can't eveen do a repair installation of xp without the message coming up. Is there a way of overcoming this problem???

handful 16:13 17 Dec 03

bump!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Fresh New Fonts of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced