LSASS.EXE stopping internet connexion

Infox 15:55 12 Oct 06

Very often I cannot connect to the internet and then see in Task Manager that LSASS.EXE is running from 70 - 99%. (L as in Love)
Rebooting seems to solve this problem (sometimes a disc check scan is called for).

What is causing this and how to fix please?
Search function just brings up mainly ISASS.EXE(I for INK not L for LOVE)
OS XP Home SP2
Thanks

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 18:00 12 Oct 06

Repair XP by replacing corrupt files
Type

sfc /scannow

in the run box, press enter and let system file checker find and replace missing / corrupt file in windows and explorer.This will take awhile to complete and you may be asked for the CD to be in the drive if windows is not preinstalled on the hard drive.

sfc /scannow problems
click here

Stuartli 18:27 12 Oct 06

There's also a worm by this name - the difference is in the first letter i.e. i and l. They look the same at first glance. See:

click here

it_girl 19:02 12 Oct 06

I would uninstall ISP modem software(Add/Remove Programs),disconnect modem.Then do a fresh install of your ISP's software/drivers using their CD.
Starting from fresh I'm sure is the way to go.

Before doing this SEARCH for the LSASS.EXE file ,it should only be in the C:\Windows\System32 folder .Otherwise it will be malware.

it_girl 19:13 12 Oct 06

Reading a bit more ,with what Stuartli says ,then if it is 'isass' then it is a worm.

rômanab 20:43 12 Oct 06

this may be of interest click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…