lsass.exe

Bob Bob™ 18:56 06 Sep 07

Hello, some help needed.

AVG Free edition detected a trogan called lsass.exe in the C:\WINDOWS\Config\ folder and has the exe in quarantine/virus vault.

Everytime I boot up now I have a slooow boot up with an error saying the file has been moved or deleted.
When I look for the errow windows process in the task manager it leads to explore.exe.

How can I flush my system from all this crap?
I have AVG Free AND Avast at the moment as I am trying Avast out, but I hate its slow update speeds.

Anyway, any opinions? How can I get rid of this error and speed up startups?

Thanks
Rob

Bob Bob™ 18:58 06 Sep 07

EDIT: I dont have avast, I have antiVir

My mistake

skidzy 19:06 06 Sep 07

Firstly you should only have one Antivirus program installed....any more and you will have conflicts and possibly a slow pc.

lsass.exe if spelt correctly can be disguised as a virus,have a look here for some advice click here

Bob Bob™ 19:31 06 Sep 07

thanks, I have gotten rid of antivir now anyway as it was annoying me.

I have the programs mentioned in that thread (thanks for the link)

AVG
Zonealarm
cCleaner
Spybot S&D

There doesnt seem to be anything wrong with the computer aside from the error message that keeps coming up.

Thanks
Rob

mfletch 19:35 06 Sep 07

Hi have you tried a system restore?

mfletch

skidzy 19:36 06 Sep 07

Have you run Spybot SD and asquared and superantispyware

asquared click here
Superantispyware click here

skidzy 19:37 06 Sep 07

Firstly you should only have one Antivirus program installed....any more and you will have conflicts and possibly a slow pc.

lsass.exe if spelt correctly can be disguised as a virus,have a look here for some advice click here

skidzy 19:38 06 Sep 07

oops no idea what happed there ?

Bob Bob™ 20:07 06 Sep 07

I have tried a system restore, no help and no worries skidzy. Oh, I have run Spybot also.

Ill call this solved for now. If something mad happens I will come back. Thanks for your help
Rob

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This stop-frame animation tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…