lsass.exe

greet parrot 19:41 16 Sep 04

When I switch my PC on it starts with the normal XP loading screen then goes blank until a message headed lsass.exe comes up. It says that the password is incorrect and that is why I am getting the return message. The problem is that I cant get onto the PC at all as this message comes up in safe mode and all the other start modes. Should I put in my restore CD and try and delete it from the MSDOS prompt

stalion 19:57 16 Sep 04

this pulverises your os you may have to do a re-install of windows

greet parrot 20:31 16 Sep 04

Can I get rid of it from MS Dos prompt

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 20:50 16 Sep 04

"lsass.exe" is the Local Security Authentication Server. It verifies the validity of user logons to your PC/Server. It generates the process responsible for authenticating users for the Winlogon service. This process is performed by using authentication packages such as the default Msgina.dll. If authentication is successful, Lsass generates the user's access token, which is used to launch the initial shell.

Note: The lsass.exe file is located in the c:\windows\System32 folder. In other cases, lsass.exe is a virus, spyware, trojan or worm! Also files with simular names but starting with I instead of l are worms, spyware, trojans!

Yours sounds more like an error caused by IPSEC service at boot up.

Rename the hive SAM.BAK to SAM in the Windows\System32\Config directory.

You will have to use a Windows 98 boot floppy to get to it -- as long as your file system is still FAT32.

Other wise you will need a bootable XP CD. Use Recovery Consul or Search the web for the proper boot image file and you can make a bootable XP CD.

greet parrot 07:26 17 Sep 04

I think I have a 98 boot floppy. If I manage to get that far what do I do once I have renamed the file?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…