LSA SHELL (Export Version), is it an infection?

SB23 19:28 18 Feb 09

Just had a Zonealarm warning come up, asking if I wanted to allow this internet access, as I've not come across this before, I Googled.
To my horror most of the threads etc I could find suggested The Sasser worm, but alot of what I was finding goes back to 2004 onwards.
Is this still a problem, and am I really infected, because everything has come up clean?

Another thing, as it used to be related to Isass.exe do I allow access if it asks again?

Thanks

Steve

johndrew 20:48 18 Feb 09

I always use the rule of when in doubt don`t. Having said that there are many false positives reported. If you have scanned with a good AV and come up clean, but still feel nervous, try one of the free online scans such as HouseCall click here or check the suspect file here click here.

To aid in safe surfing you could also use McAfee Site Advisor click here it`s free.

SB23 10:48 19 Feb 09

Well I have this morning scanned with Avast, and Housecall, and both came up clean, so I will assume at the mo, that all is ok. I just wish I knew what was running to make ZA come up with that warning.

SB23 16:29 23 Feb 09

I've scanned, scanned, and scanned again, you know, just in case, and my system seems to be clear. Must have been one of those false alarms, and thanks to johndrew.

Steve

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…