LP's to Cd's

haricot 13:55 03 Nov 07

Apologies for keeping on about this.
I have given up trying to get Software that gives a decent tutorial.
Can I ask a final question on this subject.

Can I record Lp's using my Record Deck and Amp direct to my hard drive without having
to use additional software. Then to burn those tracks using Windows Media on to Cd's later.
Giving up the idea (for the moment anyway) of "cleaning" them up.

Your answers to this would be appreciated.

Technotiger 15:05 03 Nov 07

Depends on whether you have a good sound card installed. I have Creative Audigy2 and can record direct to hard drive if I wish.

haricot 15:24 03 Nov 07

Hi technotiger

Thanks for coming back . As you can see I'm in a quandry about all this.

My sound card with the new Dell that I bought recently is as follows :_

Realtech Audio Integrated HDA 7.1 Digital Capability

As you might guess I don't really know about these things so hopefully you can tell me if it will enable me to record direct to the Hard Drive.
If you can and IT will, perhaps you can briefly outline how I do it.
Cheers

Hi technotiger

As you might guess I don't really know about these things so hopefully you can tell me if it will enable me to record direct to the Hard Drive.
Cheers

Hi technotiger

Cheers

Technotiger 16:00 03 Nov 07

Triple post? You do not have a sound card as such - yours is built-in to the motherboard, not a separate card. However might still be possible, though I think unlikely - on the rear of your tower you should see your sound/speaker connections, is there also very near to them a socket marked 'Line in' ? If you have such a socket you might be able to record using WMP, but I am not sure as I have never done it that way.

My sound card software includes a Recorder.

Technotiger 16:15 03 Nov 07

If you do have a 'line-in' socket you could record direct to hard-drive using iTunes. When one plays a Music CD using iTunes, the program asks if you want to record/save the music, click on Yes saves the music to your hard-drive.

haricot 16:21 03 Nov 07

No, you are right of course. I have no separate 'Line In' socket. Trust me to get such a set up.

So presumably then I can't record direct to my Hard Drive and will only be able to do so with some software.

Ne need to reply . You , must be getting fed up with me on this subject.

I'm now giving up on it completely. It is all taking too much time. I'll buy the Cd's instead.

Thankyou anyway, I really do appreciate your time and trouble. At my age I should'nt try and take on stuff beyond my capabilities.

BY the way , sorry about the triple post. I don't know how it happened , I can say that it was not intentional . It just happened . Best regards

Technotiger 16:27 03 Nov 07

You won't be able to even with 'some software', without a Line-in' socket. You need a PCI or PCIe Sound Card which will include a Line-in socket.

Double or triple post is usually the result of a little impatience. But I have done it myself on more than one occasion :-)

Technotiger 16:29 03 Nov 07

Though just had a thought - you could record using a Microphone socket as your line-in, so might still be possible using WMP. The quality would not be so good.

Technotiger 16:32 03 Nov 07

BTW, the members here do not get fed up, as you put it - ask as many questions as you like and if we can help then we will, does not matter how long it takes. I have seen threads go to over 400 entries in a single thread.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Prehistoric Britain is laid out in these Royal Mail stamp illustrations

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…