LP Records to PC

the-george 15:53 04 May 04

A recent article in PCAdvisor has started me thinking about putting some of my (very)old LPs on to CD via my PC - mainly so I can play them in the car.
So, can anyone tell me where to get a lead that will fit into my sound card (line in) and the earphone socket on my stereo?

The article does give some examples of software but it is all quite pricey and I want to see how things turn out before spending such an amount, So, once again, does anyone know of free or shareware prgrams for this purpose?

Stuartli 16:01 04 May 04

There are numerous threads on the subject...:-)

As for the lead, what you describe is a 3.5mm jackplug to 3.5mm jackplug cable which is widely available.

You could also use a 3.5mm jackplug to two phono sockets connected via your amplifier's line out (this would ensure that the preamplifier is used in the transfer of the record deck's output).

toxin 16:04 04 May 04

Try click here

Any good computer shop should have a connecting lead; preferably twin RSA plugs to 3.5mm LineIn, will give better quality than from your earphone socket.

Only use CDR discs never CDRW and only burn at 8 or 16X if you want good quality recordings.

Hope this helps, Toxin.

Stuartli 16:05 04 May 04

Here's one link:

click here

struggle8 16:44 04 May 04

do you have nero 6 it does the lot you can record split customize track all via you sound card line in not mic thats a bit crappy

the-george 16:57 04 May 04

Thanks to all. Feel I have enough info now.

curlylad 18:10 04 May 04

Just thought I'd add this as it is something I knew zero about until recently.After looking at several products I purchased the 'Audio Cleaning Lab 2004 Deluxe' for £29.99.This includes a user manual , easy to use software , a disc wallet with 5 free cd-r's and an adapter and Hi-Fi cable all in the box , the complete kit. I think the effects are excellent and couldn't believe the way it made some of my old vinyl sound , sniff sniff I almost shed a tear in my reminiscence !

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…