Low tone "bump" sound after boot-up

bluto1 21:02 11 Aug 06

Hello all,
For several weeks I`ve been getting a musical low tone bump after boot-up. It only sounds when the ` rolling green hill` of windows is on the screen. It is not a beep, but as I`ve said a lowish musical tone. I run Win XP SP2 on a MSI MS-6316 motherboard with 2 x 40GB HDDs.
Any help is greatly appreciated.

sean-278262 21:13 11 Aug 06

Is the "beep" coming from the internal speaker or the external ones. Is everything being detected in device manager that should be?

Any chance you can record the beep noise and post it to say click here

VoG II 21:16 11 Aug 06

Control Panel, Sounds and Audio Devices, Sounds tab. Play the 'Critical Stop' sound. Is that it?

sean-278262 21:19 11 Aug 06

If not check the rest of the sounds especially if you have kids or change your sound settings from the normal ones. Kids have a tendancy to play with settings.

bluto1 15:29 12 Aug 06

VoG, I`ve tried your idea unsuccessfully.

Creature of the Nite, Sound is from internal speaker. I`ve just checked Device Manager and all is as it should be. Since a young nephew came on this forum in my name kids are not allowed near my PC, so that too is ruled out. With a previous PC the beeps were high toned and I`m wondering if I`ve(after a wee drop of red) managed to alter the sounds.
I`ll click as resolved, go looking for the sound settings again, and if I`m guilty I won`t post back.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This stop-frame animation tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…