Low Sound on VIA AC'97

ArsenalFC 12:35 23 Jan 05

The sound volume is low when playing CDs or radio online etc., but the various warning noises (eg bleeps and warnings of various applications) is very high in comparison. When I attempt to record radio, the sound is extremely faint when played back. I've tried various volume settings etc. I have a Gigabyte VAX 7 motherboard, and presume the soundcard is onboard.

Starfox 12:42 23 Jan 05

First check

Start + Contol Panel + Sound and Audio and in the Sounds and Audio Devices Properties box make sure slider is set to high, then click Advanced and check position of all settings in Volume Control.

ACOLYTE 14:01 23 Jan 05

I have had this problem in the past i found that different Audio apps were set at different levels with different presets eg:bass and treble,
in the equalizer or different enviroments enabled
it was a case of finding the right mix,between them.I now have the audio up full within windows and controll the volume via the speakers.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…