Low signal - why??

Bailey08787 23:40 08 Dec 03

I've recently set up a wireless network for my broadband connection and it works fine. I orignally had my pc in a corner, and the signal strength of the connection was low. This meant the internet was slow, and download speeds were poor.

So I moved the pc to a more elevated position, and its a mere 10-15 metres away from the base station (with no walls in between).

My signal leaped to 'very good', and everything speeded up. It was like this for about 2 weeks, and now, for no apparent reason, the signal has dropped back to low. Everything has slowed down, and so have download speeds.

Why is this? What can I do?

Forum Editor 23:51 08 Dec 03

can be tricky to get right in this respect, and the signal strength can be affected by many things. Once you have it set it will tend to stay that way however, so persevere.

In general terms the signal strength will be at its best if the router/base station is located high up - perhaps on the top shelf in a home office, or even in the loft.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…