low or hi density memory?

kayell1 12:01 02 Jul 08

Hi...My first post. My motherboard manual says I can install two 184 pin 2.5v unbuffered double data SDRAM. It can support DDR200 / 266 / 333 / 400. Max is 2 x 1gb sticks. It says nothing about low or hi density, what is the difference please and can either be used?
thanks......Keith

ambra4 12:07 02 Jul 08

Go to Crucial and do a scan it will tell you the correct memory that you need to get

click here

Quiller. 12:20 02 Jul 08

High density ram will just work in a few motherboards while low density will work in everyone. You would have to check your motherboard manual very carefully to see if it will accept high density.

Ebay is littered with high density ram that dealers are trying to shift. They can buy it for very little and hope to sell it on for bigger profits over low density. They gamble that either :-

it will work in a system
the buyer doesn't return it if it won't work
if they do take it back the refund the price less postage.

Quiller. 12:23 02 Jul 08

If you do buy any ram other than from crucial. Ask the seller for the code numbers on the ram chips. You can then google these numbers to find the specifications of the ram.

kayell1 14:30 02 Jul 08

thanks to all for responses...big help!
Keith

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

VFX Oscar nominees 2017: Discover how the visual effects were created

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…