Low noise Psu

Spencus 18:07 17 May 03

Has anyone fitted one of the claimed low noise Psu!s, if so, are they as quiet as claimed?

Mine is getting very noisy, and as I have a desktop case I cant tuck it away under my workstation

Djohn 02:30 18 May 03

I have a Tsunami LC-A400 Watt. ATX, as the model number suggest it's a 400 watt unit and is whisper quiet. Cost £40 about 8 months ago and worth every penny, maybe cheaper now.

CPU fan is "Globalwin Twin" consist of two fans on the heatsink, also whisper quiet £25, the only noise I hear from my system is a gentle hum from the hard drive, " Maxtor 80g. fluid bearing drive. J.

doug vem 06:55 18 May 03

^

y_not 07:04 18 May 03

I fitted a Nexus 300w Psu - the difference was amazing.

Bought from click here . Not the cheapest thing I ever bought at £66.92 inc. VAT & delivery but definately worth the price.

Spencus 11:56 18 May 03

I cannot find any reference to Tsunami, do you have a link please

y_not, there are 3 psus all the same price listed on your link,any reason why you chose Nexus ?

fitfella29 12:33 18 May 03

click here

the antec ones are pretty good.

The Spires 12:56 18 May 03

Do to the retraction in European mining I picked one of these click here at a bargain price & have it in the garden connected to the house with 1 metre diameter Industrial Air Bagging, then thorough the use of sheet steel reinforced ducting this connects to the whole of one side of my pc, the other side panel has been replaced with small mesh. The unit is capable of moving several hundred cubic feet of air a minute even on the lowest setting. The downside is I have all windows and doors open while in use and even then the pressure in the house is roughly equivalent to being at 15,000 feet altitude. The second issue was getting the electricity company to install a suitable 6000 volt incoming supply.

seedie 13:19 18 May 03

Nice one mate.

CD

Djohn 14:19 18 May 03

click here This will take you to the page for "Cases", scroll down, and PSU's are at the bottom. J.

Spencus 15:20 18 May 03

Thanks to Djohn, y-not, & fitfella29

the spires

IF WIT WERE **** YOU WOULD BE CONSTIPATED

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…