low memory

goldstar31 10:28 29 Dec 07

Hi Guys looking for a little help scanned some photos the size was 14mb but tried to sort them out on photoshop.
But all I get is its low on memory anyone know how I can fix this problem please....

I am also looking at a new Computer in the new year cannot make my mind up to stay with XP or go for this new vista.
Heard there still having lots of problems with it
would very much appreciate feed back please.

chriscross72 10:38 29 Dec 07

How much RAM have you installed on your PC ?

Lower the scan resolution on your scanner 200 dpi is sufficient to scan a 6x4 or 7x5

Close any other running programmes before scanning

Stick to XP if possible, in my opinion, a neighbour installed vista as an upgrade to his PC and now cannot get anything to work

Quiller. 11:18 29 Dec 07

likes to use virtual memory i.e. hard drive space.

Depending on how much free hard drive space you have and if you have a partitioned or slave hard drive, increase the space.

You can check how much it has by right clicking my computer > properties > advanced > performance > settings > advanced > virtual memory > change.

In the drive box it will list your drives and what the current page file system is ( thats virtual memory )

Post back with you hard drive free space details and the details of your virtual memory.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

VFX Oscar nominees 2017: Discover how the visual effects were created

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…