Low Memory

powrie 14:59 13 Oct 05

Computer is saying low memory and cannot start up my anti virus nor does anything else run eg media player, but the memory is not low. Unable to use antivirus or use any windows help or system restore on Windows XP. I am still able to access internet but cannot download anything from windows as it says activeX cannot run and something regarding windows installer. These problems started after downloading the latest windows updates any ideas?

gudgulf 15:04 13 Oct 05

How much free space is there on your hard drive?

powrie 15:10 13 Oct 05

I am at work just now and it is my home computer so I cant tell you exactly but I can tell you that there is lots of free space on the hard drive there is hardly any space used on the hard disk as it is my daughters computer and apart from the normal programs eg windows xp mircosoft work suite the only other thing she has on it is The Sims 2 and music, she basically only uses the computer for surfing the net and talking on MSN messenger. I had a similar problem back in May 2005 but it didnt let me do anything so my dad reformatting the computer and it had been working fine up till last night

Rayspan 16:21 13 Oct 05

Does P.O.S.T. give the right value for your installed RAM?

powrie 16:26 13 Oct 05

i will check that it out as i am at work at present

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…