Low Memory

theremac 14:04 03 Mar 04

Can anybody please help, my pc runs on windows me and i've just upgraded my memory from 256 to 512mb ram because i was using more stuff and it said my memory was low. But after a couple of weeks when i run some games i get a memory warning saying memory too low, why is this since i know i've installed the new hardware correctly and i thought 512mb ram should be sufficient, can anybody advice as what to do please, i don't understand it.

hugh-265156 14:22 03 Mar 04

try clicking

start/control panel/performance and maintenance/system/advanced/performance/settings/advanced/virtual memory/change

click "system managed size" and restart the computer.

keith-236785 14:55 03 Mar 04

if the games you are trying to play are old DOS type games then i think it will be the base memory that is being referred to, that is the first 1meg of memory, i seem to recall that you need 540 kb of base memory for some games to run, start up on modern pc's take too much and leave very little for dos based games.

don't know if this is the case here, but thought i would throw it in anyway. I dont have an answer on how to get them to work except for maybe starting your pc in dos (using a startup disk).

good luck anyway

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…