low level access to recycle bin - for VoG

pppc 08:43 07 Feb 07

Vog You recently helped me resolved a problem with 'Access denied' to a directory. I am still unable to do what I am trying to do; I put the following note on the previous thread. I wonder if you (or anyone else) can offer any further help.

VoG
Thank you very much. I have now taken possession of the files - but I have not solved my real problem: I am trying to monitor my RECYCLED bins with a QBASIC program. This I have been doing successfully since the days of 3.1 - for the last year or so I have been checking each drive in a three disc dual boot (W98 and XP) system. I SHELL DIR each recycle bin to a work file and extract the information I want. Since a reinstall, abandoning W98, two or three weeks ago I cannot get anything from one of the discs - the other two are no problem. The difficult disc is FAT32 (I was wrong in my initial posting) and was the disc that held XP in a dual boot system - I had W98 on one of the other drives. Would converting to NTFS solve the problem, or can you suggest anything else? I am marking my query as resolved

VoG II 09:14 07 Feb 07

Sorry, I'm out of my depth on this one.

Link to previous thread for anybody who might be able to help click here

pppc 17:03 20 Mar 07

Just in case any one has a similar problem and happens upon this:

The problem is that one is denied access to the file (but QBASIC does not tell you).
The solution is to take possession of the file - see click here

My thanks to whoever it was that pointed me at explanation.

PeterC

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…