low level access to recycle bin - for VoG

pppc 08:43 07 Feb 07

Vog You recently helped me resolved a problem with 'Access denied' to a directory. I am still unable to do what I am trying to do; I put the following note on the previous thread. I wonder if you (or anyone else) can offer any further help.

VoG
Thank you very much. I have now taken possession of the files - but I have not solved my real problem: I am trying to monitor my RECYCLED bins with a QBASIC program. This I have been doing successfully since the days of 3.1 - for the last year or so I have been checking each drive in a three disc dual boot (W98 and XP) system. I SHELL DIR each recycle bin to a work file and extract the information I want. Since a reinstall, abandoning W98, two or three weeks ago I cannot get anything from one of the discs - the other two are no problem. The difficult disc is FAT32 (I was wrong in my initial posting) and was the disc that held XP in a dual boot system - I had W98 on one of the other drives. Would converting to NTFS solve the problem, or can you suggest anything else? I am marking my query as resolved

VoG II 09:14 07 Feb 07

Sorry, I'm out of my depth on this one.

Link to previous thread for anybody who might be able to help click here

pppc 17:03 20 Mar 07

Just in case any one has a similar problem and happens upon this:

The problem is that one is denied access to the file (but QBASIC does not tell you).
The solution is to take possession of the file - see click here

My thanks to whoever it was that pointed me at explanation.

PeterC

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac