Low Disk Space xp

TTP 08:49 25 Mar 06

I ve installed xp on my wifes pc ona 2.5gb HDD (c:) thinking that surely xp wont need all that, then stuck on sp2 and after installing all the security updates/patches theres only 39MB left and its panicking a bit. Ive moved the page file to another drive etc and i was going to remove sp2 but theres not enough space left to do it.All software is installed on the other drive, what else can I uininstall/move to make space ?
T

remind 10:40 25 Mar 06

get ccleaner click here, under Advanced tick Hotfix Uninstallers which will remove the update backups - should free a a fair chunk of space.

VoG II 10:41 25 Mar 06

My Documents click here

Temporary internet files - in IE Tools/Internet Options, General tab, Settings button.

TTP 17:14 25 Mar 06

I have already moved my documents and temp internet files and OE message store to the other drive. Its funny really - I use CC on mine but never gave it a thought to use it on the wifes !Anyway it freed up approx 160MB which is out of the nagging zone but what can be done to stop it happening again like in a weeks time (you know MS patches/updates etc) can these updates be stored somewhere else ? What else can be moved ?
T

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 18:02 25 Mar 06

When MS install upates it makes an uninsatll file and stores it in the windows folder hey start with $ and are usually blue.
If the PC is running ok (other than low disk space ) delete these files to save space.

mosfet 18:03 25 Mar 06

2.5gb is just not enough.I find xp is such a good o/s it's size builds up anyway.Admittedly I have lots of progs & its 15gb but runs great.

TTP 18:26 25 Mar 06

Cheers I'll do that F B

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac