Low Disk Space Warning message

Scubaman 20 Nov 12
Answered

I keep getting a low dik space warning popping up and it is rather annoying, I know I have a drive that is near it limit and am working on it.
I followed the instructions from another members message but it doesn't work. I accessed Reg Edit HKEY Current User through to Explorer. Named the new value NoLowDiskSpaceChecks and entered the value 1 as it's value data, re-booted but the warning still comes up. Was this information incorrect?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 20 Nov 12

Disabling the message is not the way to go!

You need to delete or transfer stuff off the drive, once the drive gets overfull it will crash the system and you could possibly lose all your data.

Scubaman 20 Nov 12
Answer

Thanks for the advice. The drive in question is a seperate drive that I will not be saving anything to until I have edited a video and free up the drive. I think I have solved the problem. In the post I followed for halting the warning, instead of double clicking the new value and enter value as 1, I clicked on edit and entered 1 that way and it seems to have worked.

Thanks again

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Windows 10 Home vs Windows 10 Pro comparison: Here are the extra features you get in the Pro version

Why Formula-e needs to go faster

How Instagram spots trends

How to use Apple Music in the UK: Complete guide to Apple Music's features

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message