Low Disk Memory

mark3986 22:21 PM 29 Apr 11

Hi i keep getting a message of low disk memory and my hard drive is currently red with just 11oMb free from a possible 232GB but there isnt much on my computer and im only recently started getting it ive tried cleaning with ccleaner and disk clean up and defragging and restarting comp but not fixed it yet help please

rdave13 22:42 PM 29 Apr 11

Have a look again in Ccleaner and check how many restore points you have. Found under the tools icon. Sometimes this problem can occur if you have a backup program that goes a bit haywire.

woodchip 23:39 PM 29 Apr 11

Is that supposed to be 110Mb if it is then the drive is just about full and windows as no room to work. First thing you could do if your PC is working Okay without any other Problems is Turn Restore off on all drive Partitions then turn it back on and create one new restore point. This will give you back some space, You need to find out what is taking up all the drive.

Joe G 00:21 AM 30 Apr 11

If it is running Vista it could well be restore points though I'd be surprised if they were taking up 232 Gb. I only have a 32Gb system drive on my laptop and SR is constantly eating it up so have to reduce number of restore points regularly

mark3986 13:43 PM 01 May 11

windows 7 and there is no restore points in my ccleaner menu and yes woodchip the number changes its gone to 0 bytes free from 232Gb

mark3986 13:46 PM 01 May 11

ive turned my system restore off and its changed to 20.0KB free

woodchip 13:49 PM 01 May 11

If this is not taken up by your Docs Photos and Music, You have a Virus. As this is one of the ways they work

mark3986 14:27 PM 01 May 11

got no docs,pics on it and ive got mse and super and mbam on there

mark3986 14:34 PM 01 May 11

some of my programme folders in my C: are black some are blue

mark3986 18:14 PM 01 May 11

windows 7 and there is no restore points in my ccleaner menu and yes woodchip the number changes its gone to 0 bytes free from 232Gb

rdave13 18:30 PM 01 May 11

No restore points? Unusual. Windirstat will show what is filling your HDD. windirstat

Read the help files and see whats on the HDD. Don't use the program to delete anything incase you delete some Windows files. Use it just to 'read' the drive. Might give some indication on what is going on. Might be worth running Ccleaner first to make space for it.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get free stuff for Android: Amazon Underground offers genuinely free Android apps and free…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Swedish schoolkids use Minecraft to redesign Stockholm city centre

Apple's special event invitations decoded: A look back at 13 of Apple's most cryptic invites