"low connectivity"

Dannyb 12:58 21 Feb 07

I have just bought a new laptop pc with Windows XP SP2 and have at home cable broadband with Telewest. When I connect my laptop via an ethernet cable to my router I get the message "low connectivity". I have spoken to telewest who tell me that I shouldn't have SP2 installed. Sureley that is not right. According to them I should only have SP1 installed as SP2 is incompatible with their system. Can anybody advise as to how I could overcome this problem, apart from the obvious, change my ISP. Are there any settings that could be altered to sort this problem out.
Thanks

Dannyb 15:41 21 Feb 07

bump

i dont think ms support sp1 any longer, surely this isnt right. my ex uses telewest with vista, do you live out in the sticks?

birdface 15:52 21 Feb 07

I am with NTL{same company}But on a desktop and have no bother with SP2.

birdface 15:55 21 Feb 07

Try ,Tools Inernet Options,Connections.Lan Settings,And tick automatically detect settings.See if that helps.

birdface 16:04 21 Feb 07

Can you connect you laptop directly to the Ethernet cable and see if it works Ok that way,

wids001 16:06 21 Feb 07

I too run with Telewest and have a desktop & a laptop connected to my router via wi-fi connections and my main desktop connected via cable to the router. All run XP with SP2.

The laptop has a 54b card and 99% of the time connectivity is Excellent. The desktop which uses a 108b usb adaptor rarely, if ever, shows more than a very low connectivity. However, this doesn't seem to affect the performance at all!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac