low BB on 2nd computer

ethelbert 17:51 08 Nov 09

Can you please tell me how I can improve my husband's connection to internet.

I have admin computer and am getting 7.5mbps but our 2nd computer is only getting 0.48mbps - then goes to 0.18mbps. It also tells me that the signal strength is very good!! Blimey!

User-1229748 19:57 08 Nov 09

what are the specs of the slow pc and what operating system is it?have you done any antispyware scans if not download update and run malwarebytes and then superantispywareclick here

Terry Brown 21:40 08 Nov 09

Are you running both machines from a router (one in, multiple out)or are you running one machine from the other.

If you want to allocate the maximum speed to both computers they have to run via a router.
Terry

woodchip 22:04 08 Nov 09

Try running this on it, it worked for me on my XP Laptop that runs Wireless. One at the top TCPoptimizer click here

ethelbert 14:26 09 Nov 09

Thanks have run malwarebytes and superantispyware.
We are using a router - Speedtouch

Have downloaded TCPoptimizer but it looks too difficult for me to contemplate. How does this work please?

Many thanks

woodchip 16:40 09 Nov 09

Just try pressing the Optimizer Button with Default Settings, In the Menu there should be a place for you to restore original settings if its no better

ethelbert 17:03 09 Nov 09

Many thanks, will do that.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

New MacBook Pro 2017 release date, UK price and tech specs: Kaby Lake MacBook Pro to launch in…