lovex

PLW 13:49 07 Oct 03

How do I remove the lovx dialer from windows xp. It says I don't have permissions if I try and delete lovex.exe

Lozzy 14:12 07 Oct 03

me thinks you have been where you shouldn't.. Run Adware get rid of all spyware then make sure you have admin rights and delete the offending dialler. Watch your phone bill!!!

johnnyrocker 14:18 07 Oct 03

you should also get spy bot search and destroy and if all else fails and you have me or xp do a system restore;)

cheers.

johnny.

Mankster 14:19 07 Oct 03

As a follow on to what Lozzy says read this
click here

rawprawn 15:05 07 Oct 03

If none of that cures the problem go to Start/Run type regedit, Click edit then click Find. Type the exact name EG, Lovex.exe Highlight the lovex it finds & delete it, then click Find Next & do the same thing. Keep on until it finds no more. DO NOT TOUCH ANYTHING ELSE except lovex files & back up the registry before you start. (In registry click File / Export choose a destination & save)

PLW 09:48 08 Oct 03

Thanks. I rebooted and tried deleting it again and it went - phew. I had already run spybot and adaware by the way. "me thinks you have been where you shouldn't." - by pure accident I assure you. I am the last person to want to go to those sort of sites.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…