loud pops every so often sb audigy 2 platinum

johnnyrocker 11:05 12 Mar 08

i have the above sound card with creative 6,1 speakers, the noise i get (maybe only once a day ) is rather hard to describe but it is a ver loud thump noise ( similar to that when shutting down ) it might only do it once a day yesterday three times, maybe not for a day or two then, i am a bit stuufed as it makes me jump if i am watching tv, nothing else seems affected it still happens with pc on s/by?any ideas? xp pro sp2

johnny.

johnnyrocker 23:03 12 Mar 08

evening shift?

johnny

MCE2K5 23:23 12 Mar 08

Found this click here

MCE2K5 23:26 12 Mar 08

And another click here

johnnyrocker 23:27 12 Mar 08

my thanks for your trouble but not the same prob as mine which is random and usually once a day thats all, again thanks.

johnny.

Totally-braindead 23:55 12 Mar 08

Power surge is a possability.

johnnyrocker 00:01 13 Mar 08

possibly but nothing else appears to be affected and what would the solution be in that event also thanks for your suggestion.

johnny

MCE2K5 00:05 13 Mar 08

A surge protector like this one click here

johnnyrocker 08:17 13 Mar 08

i have my doubts but will check it out and thank you.

johnny

Totally-braindead 16:15 13 Mar 08

I think its likely that it is interference. A friend had this problem with his speakers and hid fridge and as far as I know he never got a solution - not that he actually tried to anything about it.

Another friend of mine had the same problem and it was caused by his gas central heating. He got a partial solution. What he did was tried the speakers on a different ring mains using an extension lead just to try it and the sound was very much reduced, so much so you actually had to be listening for it to hear it. His answer was to move his gas boiler onto another ring of his house. I realise this might be too extreme for most people. It certainly would be for me. I would be trying something else like the surge protector initially or getting shielded speakers. That is of course if this is causing the problem and only a bit of experimentation will show that one way or another.

Get the extension lead out, give it a try with another bit of the ring mains, the hall for example and see what happens.

Totally-braindead 16:18 13 Mar 08

Oh and you could also try moving the computer, temporarily to see what that does.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation technologies coming to Siggraph 2017

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5