Lotus WordPro - Paper size

pppc 18:11 01 Dec 03

Lotus WordPro97 running in Windows 98SE. For some time I have been unable to set a custom paper size from the page properties box - whenever I select 'Custom' it just jumps back to A4.
I at first thought this was connected with my use of a new, Xerox, printer but that now has bitten the dust (thank God) and I have a Canon i865 - but the same paper size problem.
I have a number of macros (or whatever Lotus calls them) that set page sizes and I can vary pages produced by them quite happily.
I still suspect it is something to do with an interaction with the printer (I have tried 'Use Printer Driver' on and off, but I don't know how to cure it.
Can anyone suggest anything????????

peterC

SantasLittleHelper 20:38 01 Dec 03

Hi, it might be worth trying the following, go to Page, then page properties. select custom and set the page size you want. Save this as custom.mwp and save it in the Lotus\smartmasters\word pro directory. Go to the File menu, select User Setup and then Word Pro Preferences, select default files tag, click on browse and go to where you saved the custom.wmp file and select this. When you start Word Pro this will be the new default page size. If you only use your custom size occasionally change the file back to default.mwp using the procedure above. Every time you click on new document in the File menu you will have the choice of either default.mwp or custom.mwp. you can do this with as many page sizes as you want giving each one a different file name.

pppc 22:36 01 Dec 03

Thanks for the response - but I can't set the page size when I try to sdelect 'custom'. The box just reverts to A4.!!!!!!

pppc 23:40 03 Dec 03

I've partly answered my own enquiry.

i. Install a new printer - I used HP DeskJet 500.

ii Open a NEW document and use the default. Go to 'FILE/DOCUMENT PROPERTIES/PRINT SETUP'. Select 'SPECIFIC PRINTER' and select the Deskjet (or whatever you used in i).

iii SAVE AS ***.MWP in C:\LOTUS\SMASTERS\WORDPRO.

iv You can now open a NEW document using *** and can set the CUSTOM size to what you want - but you MUST remember to change the Printer when you come to print the document.

It's a bit clunky, but it seems to work.

But it does seem to confirm that the i865 is somehow controlling my page size.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…