Lotus Word Processor-deleting document records

terryp96 19:20 10 Aug 03

I run Lotus Smartsuite, when I run the Word processor I get a list of recently opened documents. How do I delete these documents, can't find a way to do it!

FRANKMAC 19:29 10 Aug 03

do you wish to delete the documents ? or just remove them from the list?

terryp96 21:01 10 Aug 03

Sorry not enough info, I just wish to remove them from the list as you mention Frankmac

Wak 21:09 10 Aug 03

Click on File/ User Setup/ Word Pro Preferences/ General tab/ change the number in RECENT FILES to 0 (zero).
I think that should do it!

FRANKMAC 21:20 10 Aug 03

oops to late again - as WAK says above

terryp96 21:20 10 Aug 03

Hi Wak, tried your suggestion but can't find the reference to recent files on gen tab.

terryp96 21:34 10 Aug 03

Hi Wak, part of your suggestion worked but when I first load Word pro the welcome screen shows all the latest documents. When I open one of these to get on proper screen the number of recent files is altered, thanks for that bit, but can't get the first welcome screen to work, that still shows all latest files.

Wak 09:28 12 Aug 03

HI, I can't imagine why you wish to get rid of the files shown on the Welcome screen as they save a lot of searching, but if that's what you want:-
Open any File, go to File/ User SETUP/ WP Preferences/ General Tab.
Under "Other General usage Options" click the button to the right of the DISABLE box.
On the Drop-down list put a tick next to "Welcome Dialogue"
I think that will remove the Welcome Screen altogether which could be what you really want.

terryp96 21:36 13 Aug 03

Hi Wak, couldn't get on PC Advisor last night but I tried your suggestions but when I got the General usage page mine doesn't have the disable
button, what I have is as follows.
Other general usage
+load word pro maximised undo levels 0
+load files maximised recent files 0
load clear screen view
+show file new dialog box
measure in inches
Markup options
My word pro is part of Microsoft suite and is 2001
is yours a later version

terryp96 21:38 13 Aug 03

Hi Wak. made a mistake its Lotus word pro Iv'e got not Microsoft

Wak 09:09 14 Aug 03

My version is Lotus Word Pro 97 for Windows 95 and was on a free CD disc years ago.
The above info is listed in the HELP file/ About Lotus Word Pro.
You seem to be on the right General tab.
Under "Other General usage Options", the first box beneath it is DISABLE and then KEYBOARD and then all the other stuff you listed.
At the side of the DISABLE box, there should be a ticked button. Click this button and you get a drop-down box listing all sorts of alterations you can make including removing the Welcome Screen.
See how you go.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface Studio PC release date, pricing, design, features and spec: Microsoft showcases…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

Apple Q4 2016 financial results | Apple earnings report: iPhone, iPad and Mac sales down, profits d6…