Lotus SmartSuite V9, can I stop the Sys tray icons

Giggle n' Bits 20:31 11 Jul 04

Installing Lotus SmartSuite for lady friend but I have seen before this Lotus software put lots of Icons in the System Tray near Clock and also a horrible pop up at top of Screen on boot to desktop.

How can/is there a safe way that won't cause other problems to install Lotus smartsuite 9 please.

Also will Smart Suite V9 run in XP Home ?

Apreciate any replies

THE TERMINATOR 21:08 11 Jul 04

Check the STARTUP folder for any lotus shortcuts that may be launching at startup,or click on run and type MSCONFIG click on the startup tab and check if the offending program is there, as for your second question, if it installs, it will run in XP ....TT

Dipso 21:35 11 Jul 04

I reinstalled Lotus for a mate last night and forgot about those icons reappearing.

I tried to get rid by using Start> Run>msconfig but they kept coming back. As The Terminator also suggested, the best way is to navigate to the Startup folder using Explorer. You can safely delete the shortcuts from there.

As for the splashscreen, if you check out the help file in Lotus it tells you how to get rid. Basically you go make an adjustment in Start Menu and Taskbar, by adding "space"/Q to the location. The PC I did this on was running ME but I'm not sure how to go about it on XP.

Giggle n' Bits 21:36 11 Jul 04

I was hoping if there was a way within the Software of Lotus to control the System Tray icons, if no one comes up with anything before the end of the night I suppose MSCONFIG job.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Fresh New Fonts of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced