Lotus SmartCenter On Start Up

DANZIG 16:45 27 Nov 04

I have Lotus Smart Suite on my PC.

There is an application in it called 'Smart Center' which puts a bar on the screen that contains phone numbers, links to documents etc etc.

Is there any way to get this to start automatically when I log on to my PC?

Thanks.

Diodorus Siculus 16:50 27 Nov 04

You can see if it has its own exe file - one that will start smart center independently of other programs. If so, put a shortcut into the startup folder of the programs files menu.

Wak 16:53 27 Nov 04

Hi, If you have the Smart Suite already installed then it is possible that there is a reference to it in Msconfig.
Go to Start/ Run type MSCONFIG in the box and click OK.
Go to the START tab and see if there is a reference to LOTUS there. If there is, put a tick in the box and it should open the Smart Centre at start up.

It's Me 16:55 27 Nov 04

The answer is yes. Unfortunately I am not at my own PC so I can't search for how to do it. I seem to remember that when Lotus is installed with Smart Suite, the Smart Center can be omitted from the installation, but if it is installed it just appears on the desk top.

DANZIG 16:56 27 Nov 04

Thankyou.

Now how do I do that?

DANZIG 17:04 27 Nov 04

I think I've just managed it.

Thanks Guys.

It's Me 17:09 27 Nov 04

Dare I suggest that you uninstall Lotus, and then reinstall it all. That way the Smart Center will be installed and should appear in all its glory.

When you uninstall all you lose will be your personal setting on the Smarticons, and I think that during the uninstall process you may even be able to save those from disappearing.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…