Lotus smart suite, I can't get rid of it

golfpro 09:03 14 Aug 04

Oh knowledgeable ones please help me. I run Lotus organiser which came bundled (as a separate program) with Lotus Smart suite. I never use this program and would like to deinstall it, but when I go to "add and remove programs" it tells me that this program is in use and I should disable it using the file before I can deinstall it, but I can't open the file either. I have tried every way I can think of to shut down Smart suite, but I sill can't delete it. Any suggestions. OS M/S XP home.

VoG II 09:06 14 Aug 04

Try removing it is Safe Mode click here

golfpro 09:52 14 Aug 04

Once in safe mode, do I then remove the program using the "add and delete" facility, or do I have to do it some other way??

rawprawn 10:44 14 Aug 04

Use Add or Remove, don't mean to but in Vog, just passing by.

Pidder 11:29 14 Aug 04

I have SmartSuite with 98SE. Have you tried Start - Programs - go to Lotus SmartSuite, Right click on it, one of the options is Delete. Don't know if this will achieve your wishes.

golfpro 12:46 14 Aug 04

Used add or remove, but it will not work,(read my first thread) and deleting it does not remove the program.

rawprawn 15:48 14 Aug 04

You could try and edit out of the registry, but be carefull and back up the registry before you start in case of any mistakes. Go to Start/Run/ Type regedit/Enter/Make sure My Computer is Highlighted then click/Edit/Find and type the name lotus smart suite in the box/click Find Next. Delete anything it finds but don't touch anything else/click find next and do the same. Keep doing this until it finds no more. To backup the registry Click File/Export, and choose where you want it to go/Save. You can restore the registry by double clicking this file. I would only use this method as a last resort as it doesn't always completely solve the problem, if there are bits it is using you don't know about. Before you do that can you unistall the whole Lotus package then just custom install the Organiser? I don't use Lotus these day's so I don't really know.

rawprawn 15:52 14 Aug 04

I'm not happy with that last suggestion, I have just looked at it as though I was going to edit Outlook out of the registry and I don't think it would work. Sorry.

woodchip 15:57 14 Aug 04

You should first remove as much as you can by using Add Remove then as much as you can by this method.

To remove follow these step's closely, go to start\find\files or folders type in the box Lotus click enter key delete all the entry's it finds with Lotus in it. Next go to start run type regedit and press enter, go to menu under edit click find in the box type Lotus and press enter it will bring up only one entry at a time, press delete key then click ok to confirm to go to next entry press F3 and delete do this until you get to the end of the registry. DO NOT TOUCH ANYTHING ELSE IN THE REGISTRY other than Lotus then reboot your computer. After a restart you could try the above again to see if it will let you remove any more

rawprawn 16:09 14 Aug 04

I think he only wants to remove Lotus Smart Suite and keep Lotus organiser. If he types Lotus in the search it would find both ?

woodchip 16:13 14 Aug 04

Yes but he could reload and do a custom install of organiser. by just selecting that box when he loads it

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…