Lotus Notes

Lionheart ? 16:24 29 Jun 04

Anybody use Lotus, my wife uses this at work, and she wont's to know can you get a pop-up telling her when new email arrives.

Thanks

Diodorus Siculus 16:27 29 Jun 04

How do you want Lotus Notes to tell you when you have new mail? Well, there are several possibilities, such as audible notification, visual notification, or some combination thereof.

The new mail notification can be customized by a user by clicking on File -> Tools -> User Preferences, and then by clicking on the Mail icon. There will be two checkboxes, one for Audible Notification and one for Visual Notification. Audible notification tells Lotus Notes to beep or play a tune where there is new mail. Visual Notification tells Notes to pop up a window informing that there is new mail. A user can even select both, or none! Once the selection has been made, the user would click on Ok to put the choices into effect.

Note however, that this only works when Lotus Notes is open. When Notes is closed, it will not inform you of new mail. There is an option for checking mail when Notes is closed, called Notes Alarm. Look for it in a future Tip-of-the-Week.

Diodorus Siculus 16:28 29 Jun 04

click here for a more detailed description.

Lionheart ? 16:29 29 Jun 04

Thanks for that, will let her know.

Wak 16:31 29 Jun 04

I don't think you can do this but Mailwasher running in the background would let you know when e-mail arrives.
Maybe Lotus themselves could advise better.

Wak 16:33 29 Jun 04

I stand corrected.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Microsoft Surface Studio hands-on review: the iMac killer is here

Best Mac antivirus 2017