Lotus to MS Office

howard64 15:25 20 Feb 11

A friend has a lot of stuff on his old pc with lotus notes on it. His new pc has Windows 7 and MS Office 2000 on it. He wishes to move his old files and use them with office. Is there a simple way of doing this. Thanks in advance.

uk-wizard 16:04 20 Feb 11

No.
He will have to save them as Office docs before coping them over or use a third party such as OpenOffice to do the conversion. Lotus used to be quite good at doing 'save as' but I dont know Lotus Notes. Why has he got such an old version of Office on a new machine?

john bunyan 16:24 20 Feb 11

I agree - unfortunately my old Lotus Smartsuite will not work in W7 , nor will Lotus Symphony( that does work in W7) open , for example. .123 files. As uk- wizard says you have to save the .123 as excel in lotus and wordpro in either .doc or .rtf while you still have lotus in use. Not sure re Lotus Notes - maybe different.

howard64 17:17 20 Feb 11

thanks I will pass this on

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…