Lotus 123 Release 5 - availability

Mike0313 10:09 11 Apr 07

Q1: Where can I buy a (boxed, original, genuine) copy of Lotus 123R5 for Windows? (I last bought a copy off Ebay a couple of years ago for £12 but it seems now it's become scarce and valuable like a vintage car! - only available from the States for many times that price).

Reason for request: One of the .DLL files on Disk 1 has become corrupted so I cannot instal it to my new replacement computer.

Q2: Do the early versions of Lotus SmartSuite include 123R5W? E.g. Smartsuite Version 9.5? I know that SmartSuite Millenium Edition includes 123 Millenium Edition which I believe had lost its keystroke macro capability.

I have never switched from Lotus 123R5 for Windows, because of its extraordinarily powerful keystroke macro language.

Newuser38 11:46 11 Apr 07

Not sure if it any help but my version which came as part of Smartsuite 97 which I think was version 9 identifies its Lotus 1-2-3.97 as File version 6.0.9702.1002. I have never used keystrokes so dont know if my version does or not.

blanco 18:29 11 Apr 07

I'm not sure whether it will have exactly what you're looking for but I have a copy of SmartSuite 97 that dates back to about that actual date when I had Windows 95.
It was also compatible with NT so will presumably have no problems with XP.
I updated to the Millenium when I moved up to XP so my earlier disk is now going spare.
If you are interested, send me an email via the envelope I will happily gift it to you in the hope that it may solve your problem.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

Where HTML5 is headed next

MacBook Pro v Surface Pro 5