lottery

porridge 11:52 14 Oct 07

I have this morning received two different
e-mails purporting to be from The UK National Lottery advising me that I have won one million five hundred thousand pounds as my e-mail address has been randomly selected as a winner. I am to contact the British Claims department at an e-mail adress with extension de ie Germany respectively Camelot advisng a win of eight hundred and ninety thousand pounds plus. The contact address for this one is at extension hk. No doubt Hong Kong.

I just wonder if anyone else has been a victiom of such hoaxes recently. Not being a complete idiot I don't believ a word of either although the do not ask for bank acount numbers or other similar details.

Just a word of warning to ll of you people out there.

Porridge.

birdface 12:58 14 Oct 07

Similar.But I received mine bye letter.Where they get the address from I don't know.960.000 Euro's boy could I have had a great time with that.Unfortunately, beans and toast to-day again.Unlike your e-mail they wanted all my bank details.It was so realistic you could see how people could be conned especially pensioners.

pj123 13:06 14 Oct 07

"although the do not ask for bank acount numbers or other similar details."

They soon will if you respond.

My Motto:

If you're not in, you can't win.

porridge 14:02 14 Oct 07

Thanks buteman and pj123 for reacting. I was hoping others had received similar messages so that I could confirm to myself that these blackguards do try all over the place.

Not a hair on my head that would consider responding.

Cheers,

Porridge

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Prehistoric Britain is laid out in these Royal Mail stamp illustrations

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…